- Village Services
- Property Tax, Water & Sewer Billing
Property Tax, Water & Sewer Billing
- Village property taxes are billed on June 1 of each year and due without penalty by June 30. On November 1 of each year, all unpaid property taxes are sent to Albany County Department and will appear on homeowner’s county bill.
- Water bills are also mailed on June 1, due on July 31 without penalty. The Village bills $200 in advance for 20,000 gallons, overage is billed the following year-rates can be found in the Water Regulations found on the Water System page.
- Sewer Bills are mailed on June 1 with quarterly due dates of July 31, October 31, January 31 and April 30. Full payments can be made at any time. Penalties are calculated per month.
- As per New York State Real Property Tax Law, the Tax Collector may not accept partial payments of taxes. The Village also regulates the Water & Sewer bills in this manner.
- Timely payment of all bills is the responsibility of the property owner. If taxes are held by a mortgage or escrow company, the property owner should be sure the proper information is given to the tax collector.
- As per New York State Real Property Tax Law, failure to receive a tax bill "shall not in any way affect the validity of the taxes or interest". Again, this holds true with the water and sewer billing.
- Penalties: The same policy applies with tax, water and sewer bills. Penalties cannot be waived by a village official if payment is not made in a timely manner. Postmark is accepted as a payment date, but please be aware that bills sent via “auto pay” systems do not always contain a postmark.
- The Collecting Officer is personally responsible for proper collections and all records are audited by state examiners, there is no discretion in this matter.